The time has finally comee fellow iPhanatics!!!
It’s finally here: iPhone OS 3.0, well today is Wednesday the 17th, but since we’re many hours ahead of the United States you’ll have to stay up tonight to be the first in Hong Kong to download the new software. 3 sent us an SMS saying it would be 1am Hong Kong time which puts the availability at 8am West Coast time. Here’s all you need to do:
- Plug in your iPhone or iPod Touch into your computer.
- Turn on iTunes, make sure you have the newest version which is 8.2. Download here if you don’t.
- In the “Version” area, click on “Check for Updates”
- It should find 3.0 update from your current 2.2.1 and the installation is free for iPhone users but US$10 for iPod Touch users.
Expect the WORLD to be attacking the Apple servers tonight meaning slow connections or no connection, so unless you are crazy like us, then you can wait till tomorrow morning Hong Kong time.
To be safe make sure you do a sync before installing just in case any of your apps aren’t 3.0 compliant or if there are any other problems.
With the added feature of MMS, 3 is also informing its customers that they will automatically turn on MMS features for your phone by June 26th. but you can turn it on earlier by ging to http://mobile.three.com.hk/ so expect your phone bill to go up when your friends start sending you photos and videos.
Quick highlight of what you will get after you download 3.0:
- COPY AND PASTE
- Landscape Keyboard – good for big fingers
- MMS: Multimedia Messaging
- Voice memos
- Tethering: meaning you can use your iPhone to get your laptop online when no wi-fi is around.
- STEREO BLUETOOTH
- Automatic Wi-Fi Log-in: right now you need to log-in every single time at Starbucks.
To inaugurate this bold new move for iPhone lovers we are arranging a iPhanatics meet-up to discuss the new features next Wednesday, June 24th. So if you are interested in attending and getting more detail email iPhanatics here or join the Facebook group here.